Pension Scheme Governance and Restructuring Forum
Time: 3 June 2009
Venue: Skinners’ Hall, London
As the market meltdown has hit pension fund finances, leading to the reappearance of deficits in some quarters, Financial News/Dow Jones Events are putting together a one-day event to discuss the way pension schemes are governed in the UK, and whether it can be improved.
Is the existing trustee model no longer "fit for purpose"? Do schemes need better risk management to safeguard members' benefits, and better oversight of banks and asset managers who run their money? Has the investment consultant community been doing a good enough job? And what implications does an insurance buyout, partial or full, have for scheme governance?
- Implemented consulting: can consultants up their game?
- Fiduciary management: can lessons be learned from the Continent?
- Annuity buyouts: pricing, market capacity and trust.
- The regulatory backdrop: should risk-taking be punished?
- Paul Trickett, European Head of Investment Consulting, Watson Wyatt
- Martin Clarke, Director of Financial Risk, Pension Protection Fund
- Andrew Waring, Chief Executive, Merchant Navy Officers' Pension Fund
- Andrew Kirton, Global Head of Investment Consulting, Mercer Investment Consulting Inc
- Mark Hyde-Harrison, Chief Executive, Barclays UK Retirement Fund
- Skinners' Hall
8 Dowgate Hill
London EC4R 2SP
Tel: +44 020 7236 5629
Fax: +44 020 7236 6590
For more info http://www.efinancialnewsevents.com/...