Address: 62 Savska, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia.
Telephone: +385 1 6305 250
Fax: +385 1 6305 274
Email: [email protected]
Zagrebacka banka, today one of leading banks in Central and Eastern Europe, began its operations back in 1914 as the City Savings Bank, and it has been doing business under its present name since 1977.
Croatia's leading bank in terms of the quality of products and services offered to its customers, technical innovations and the number of customers served, Zagrebačka banka operates an extensive branch network and the largest ATM network in the country and accounts for a 25% of total assets of the Croatian banking sector.
Zagrebacka banka has been successfully expanding its business beyond Croatia. The member of the Zagrebacka banka Group operating in the neighbouring market of Bosnia and Herzegovina, UniCredit Zagrebacka banka, presently account for 17% of the local banking market’s assets.
In 2002, through the strategic partnership with UniCredit Group and Allianz, Zagrebacka banka further strengthened its international presence and recognition, while retaining its strong identity and corporate culture.
Since its establishment, Zagrebacka banka has been continuously strengthening its profile as a transparent and reliable business partner and has been the first bank in Croatia to take a number of important steps, including:
- First bank in Croatia to become a joint stock company (1989);
- First bank in Croatia to comply with the requirement to establish an executive and supervisory management structure accountable to shareholders in line with the new Company Law (1995);
- First Croatian bank to be listed on the Zagreb Stock Exchange (1995);
- First Croatian bank to issue bank cards - Eurocard and MasterCard cards (1995);
- First Croatian bank with US Dollar GDRs trading on SEAQ International of the London Stock Exchange (1996);
- First Croatian bank to be rated by three major international rating agencies (1997);
- First Employee Share Option Programme in Central Europe (1997);
- First Croatian bank to tap international syndicated loan market (1997);
- First entity from any country to issue Euro GDRs (1998);
- First Croatian bank to have Euro and US Dollar GDRs listed in the Official List of the London Stock Exchange (1998);
- First Croatian bank to establish a specialised housing and savings bank in response to the new Law on Housing Savings and State Support to Housing savings (1998);
- First Croatian bank with Euro GDRs trading on the Regulated Unofficial Market of the Deutsche Boerse / Frankfurt Stock Exchange / (April 2000).
- To be the best bank in South East Europe and make a marked contribution to the success of the UniCredito Italiano Group.
- To be the region’s leading bank in sustainable value creation.
- To offer our clients modern financial products tailored to suit their needs, and provide excellent service.
- To facilitate development and economic prosperity of Croatia and other countries in which we operate by recognising their needs and appreciating their differences thus preserving the reputation of the most desirable employer in the regions where we have presence.
- To give our employees opportunities for learning, their personal development and career building within the Zagrebačka banka and UniCredito Italiano Groups, and ensure adequate reward for their performance.